Monday, February 21, 2011

Hearing the Music

We had a fun and busy week filled with Chess Club, Bowling, Church, Super Friday, Museum Classes, etc. I so love spending time with my kids and seeing them learn and grow! One thing that happens when we have lots of time in the car, is that we get to listen to music. When the kids are preparing for a Children's Choir Musical or Theater performance, we listen to the practice CDs. I find that by the time of the production, I know the music and lines as well as the little performers! Right now, Ryan and Justin are preparing for the Simon Says production with the children at church, and Madison is practicing her songs for her preschool performance. As a result, I find myself singing those songs throughout the day. You know how it is when you can't get a song out of your head? I've been singing about Jesus, Lazarus, John the Baptist, songs about miracles, acceptance, the love of Jesus, hope, praising God, etc. But what about those other times, when I forget about those songs, and my mind is open to the doubt, guilt, the thoughts of "I'm not good enough at..., If only I hadn't..., That mom is so much better at..."? I have to remind myself that those thoughts are not from God, that is the enemy trying to drown out all the good I had listened to earlier. My challenge is to replace all that negative thinking with the truth of God's Word. I'm so thankful that God's mercies are new every morning, and that He gives me all that I need to fill my head and my heart with His truth!

No comments: