Monday, February 14, 2011

Seeing God in the Shoes

Friday evening, we decided to stop and get Madison some new shoes. I was so happy to find the exact pair I'd been looking for: Twinkle Toes by Skechers. Those are the ones with the sparkles, bling and lights. She was so proud of those, running around the store watching them light up. We hop in the truck to head home. She is still fascinated with the lights, so she continually bumps her feet to make them light up. This startles Johnny each time, because the way the lights are flashing are similar to the flashing lights on a police car. It made me think about how I can be driving along, not worried about anything, see a police car, and immediately get nervous - am I speeding, where is my insurance card, is my registration and inspection up to date? Things that aren't at the forefront of my mind until I see someone who can pull me over for it and give me a ticket. Sometimes I'm that way with God too, only God can see everything all the time. I forget that no matter what, he knows what is going on. I had a discussion with a group of ladies at a Bible Study recently, and the question was raised "What would you do if Jesus showed up in your family room?" My first thought was panic, thinking about what my family room looked like at the moment. One of the ladies gently reminded me, that Jesus already knows what my house looks like. He also knows the condition of my heart, my thoughts, and loves me anyway! But I am convicted to live more in line with what God wants from me, to strive towards a life that reflects Him!

I'm not sure if Madison will be allowed to wear her shoes in the truck anymore, but they sure are cute!

3 comments:

Audra @ Once a Mom Always a Cook said...

Well said! :)

Audra @ Once a Mom Always a Cook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Audra @ Once a Mom Always a Cook said...

Hey Donna,
I am glad to see you and your doing well. Madison is so cute and I bet she looks cuter with her new sparkly shoes! Check out my new blog and follow me if you’re interested. I am new at this so any positive feedback you have would be great! Tell Madison Hi :)

Audra