Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What We See

I have a picture on my mantel from several years ago. It was taken for a church directory: myself, Johnny, Ryan and Justin. The boys were about ages 3 and 1. It is a sweet picture, two contented parents, a precious preschooler and an adorable toddler smiling and laughing for the camera. The funny, or maybe not so funny part, is that I remember that photo session vividly. Justin, the toddler, was in a horrible mood that day. He cried and fussed during the entire session. Somehow, the photographer was able to get a photo of him smiling and laughing. I'm not sure how that happened, as I don't remember any break in the fit pitching. Anybody seeing the photo today would have no idea of Justin's mood that day unless I told them. Isn't God so good? He took a very stressful moment for me, and gave me a glimpse of joy through it. Joy can be found in any situation, as long as I let God be in the middle of it. That photo is a reminder that no matter how rough a day is, there is joy to be found, even if I have to look quickly to find it.

No comments: