Thursday, April 21, 2011

Saved By Grace

Our church is in full prep mode for this year's Passion Project, A Place Called Hope. I'm blessed to be able to help with it just a bit. No worries, I'm not onstage. My Justin, 9, has a part, and is having so much fun rehearsing with this talented group of performers. I've been watching some of the rehearsals, and I'm in awe of all the talent we have at our church. We have so many people using their gift of drama and singing as a tool to share the Gospel with others. And what an amazing story it is.

With Easter coming up, I'm reflecting on what Christ did for me, for all of us. And I think about when I first became a Christian. See, I was raised in an amazing church, with friendships that I still have to this day. I was baptized as an infant, I took First Communion at age 10, and was Confirmed at age 13. But I could not remember a time when I truly asked Jesus to be my Lord and Savior. So, April 1st, 2004, I prayed that amazing prayer and asked Jesus into my heart.

So, what brought me to that point? Sadly enough, it was an abortion I had many years ago. The years after that, I got married and had children, but couldn't get past that darkness of shame, regret and guilt. Then, God sent an answer to a prayer: Friends who wanted to help me on the road to healing. I joined a Bible Study specifically for post-abortive women, and through that, I found the forgiveness that I never dreamed was possible.

So, as I help my young performer prepare for opening night, I'm very blessed to play a little part of the behind the scenes help with the production. And as I watch the rehearsals, and listen to the practice CD, I reflect on what it means to me to be a follower of Christ, how my life has changed since I let Him in my heart.

1 comment:

Wheeler Family said...

Beautifully stated, Donna. Thanks for sharing