Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Cheerful Heart

We are taking a break from school this week, it is so nice to have some downtime! Part of this week will be spent catching up on some housework. Sometimes I find myself grumbling and complaining when it comes to that part of life, and then this scripture comes to mind:

Philippians 2:14-15 (New International Version, ©2011)

14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.”[a] Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky.

Not only do I want to shine, I want my children to shine. But when I see them complaining, I have to look at myself and wonder what do they see in me. Do they see a mom who is cheerfully going about the work God has given her, or are they seeing someone grumbling and complaining through it? Even if I don't say a word, can they tell by my countenance how I'm really feeling?


Proverbs 4:23 (New International Version, ©2011)


23 Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it.

By filling my head with God's truth, and letting that flow into my heart, what overflows to my children will be much sweeter than anything I could try and muster up on my own.

No comments: