Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Creative Arts Camp

What a great week we had at Creative Arts Camp at church last week! All three kids participated, I volunteered, and Johnny even stopped by for a couple of days to take pictures. I just love having activities where we can all be involved.

Ryan was able to take pictures some throughout the week. He also helped with lights for the performance at the end of the week. He really enjoyed spending time with "the best teen helper he has ever had", his quote. So much fun to see him growing and becoming ready to join the youth group as well.

Justin got to be "Mr. Drama Guy" once again. We had fun learning his line, and I found myself saying it along with him the night of the performance. He also had a great time in his Pottery Class.

And my Madison. It was so nice to hear her retell the stories she learned. We had many discussions, retellings and pictures drawn of Daniel and the Lion's Den and Jonah and the Big Fish. She also entertained us with songs this week as well. And she stayed on the stage and sang every song with her group!

I got to work with some children in the afternoon doing Creative Writing. What a joy that was!

As I look over the past couple of weeks of activity at our church, I'm so thankful for that church home and family we have. The effects I see in my children are lasting, the impact the members of the church have on our lives is priceless.

No comments: