Friday, October 21, 2011

The Value of a Card

I used to be really good about sending cards: birthday, friendship, etc. That habit has gone by the wayside in frequent years due to just being busy with life and the ease of e-mail. So much easier to type and press send.

But I was reminded recently of the value of sending a card by a member of a Bible Study. Then, a few days later, I came across a card my sister had sent me several years ago. We always tried to find the goofiest cards to send each other, it didn't have to be a birthday. There was a witty message printed on it by the card company, but the most valuable part was the message she wrote to me. There is something so special about a message written in someones own handwriting that is so precious.

So my hope is that I can continue that with my family and friends. I want my children to have handwritten notes from me, and for them to also write notes to friends and loved ones.

Who would love to receive a card or letter from you?

No comments: