Monday, May 2, 2011

After the Show

What an amazing week and weekend it has been! Passion Project Kingwood 2011 was absolutely wonderful! I was blessed to be able to be backstage each night and see the performers coming through, helping whenever necessary, etc.

I was very anxious on Friday afternoon, right before opening night. "Would Justin remember his lines? Would he say them loud enough? What if he needs me while he is onstage?" On the way to the church that night, Justin wasn't feeling well. At that point, in the McDonald's drive thru, I just silently prayed for him, trusted God with him, etc. We got to the church, and he immediately started feeling better. I realized, that no matter how much control I think I have, God is the one in control. I was very blessed to have Justin working with some awesome people in this production, and I realized that I didn't have to worry while he was onstage.

This whole experience has been great for our family. My Ryan, who last year didn't want to see the production, sat through every dress rehearsal and performance, by his own choice. He wanted to come. And he had questions as well, so lots of good discussion has come from it. My Madison spent her time in childcare, but before and after, as we walked through the church, she always stopped at a photograph from last year's performance. It is Jesus on the cross. She will just stand there and look at it, ask questions, share what she knows, etc. She loves the music from the program, we have been listening to it for several months. She can even tell me when the different characters are singing - Roman Soldiers, merchants, Disciples, Healed men, Caiphas.

Johnny filmed each night, so I got to hear what he saw from his perspective, his camera was directly behind the Cross.

And myself. Wow. Touched me at a deep level, that is for sure. I can read scripture, do Bible studies, etc. But to be a part of something like this, to see the Gospel lived out in a mighty way, just drives home that much more what Christ did for me.

From the song You Are My King:
I'm forgiven, because You were forsaken,
I'm accepted, You were condemned.
I'm alive and well, Your spirit lives within me
Because You died and rose again.

No comments: