Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Yikes, I can't believe it has been so long since I posted!  I can do better than that, I will make a point of posting more!

Well, I had my first homemade bread making  experience yesterday.  My wonderful hubby bought me  a stand mixer for Christmas, and let me have it early.  I got a great recipe from another homeschool mom.  It was alot easier than I  thought it would be.  Justin had to be my secretary and answer the phone at some points when my hands were covered in dough, but he stepped up and helped out.

We still have a few things to buy for Christmas, as usual, I never seem to finish before Christmas Eve.  But as I continue working on our Christmas preparations, foremost in my mind is the preparations made so long ago for Jesus to be born.  What an incredible leap of faith for Mary to trust in God.   Joseph stayed by her side, and trusted as well.  I wonder how I can be more trusting of God, even when things don't make sense and are even scary?  

Today will be more cleaning, cooking and preparing  the house for Christmas, but I will also be looking for ways to prepare my heart as well.  May I not get so caught up in the "Martha" aspect of Christmas and find the "Mary" in me that will look for what is better.

Have a great day!  :)

No comments: