Monday, June 9, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

Well, we went back to the conference on Saturday.  My plan was still to use Abeka for next year.  Johnny and I were walking through the exhibit hall with the millions ( okay, not millions), of curriculum choices and other vendors.  He has this habit of stopping at any booth that has either a mac computer or a video camera, regardless of what is offered for sale there.  Well, he sees a video camera and stops to talk to the vendor, and I am getting more and more bored by the minute.  Then I happen to notice the next booth, full of books.  I love books!  So I go in and discover the most amazing curriculum, My Father's World.  I look through the books, the teachers guides, talk to anyone I can there, and fall in love with the curriculum.  Then Johnny finds me.  Well, after looking at the brochure for a couple of days, I think we have decided to try it.  The notebooking activities and great literature look like something that will appeal to both Ryan and Justin.   

Tomorrow we have swim team pictures. I remember when I was little and would get pictures taken for school, dance, sports, etc. and the only options were the different size pictures that came with each package.  Not so anymore, not only can you order prints, there are also photo magnets, key chains, magazine covers, full size 16X20 prints, engraved plaques, etc.  I am waiting for the day that they offer to paint the side of your house with a copy of the picture.  

Well, that is all for now.

Donna

No comments: